ED - RN - Austin, TX
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on an assigned unit in a safe and proficient manner according to individual patient needs. Provides direct patient care based upon South Austin Medical Center Hospital Standards of Care and Standards of Practice, Polices, Procedures and Practice Guidelines. Provides guidance and supervision to Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN), Nursing Technicians, Nursing Assistants and Unit Secretaries. He/she acts as patient and advocate with the Hospital environment. Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities and accepts assignments on other units when necessary.
- Possess the comprehensive nursing skills to perform triage assessment that shall include rapid systematic collection of data related to the patient's chief complaint.
- Completes and thorough triage assessment is performed and documented using the Nursing process at the time of presentation, based on accepted Emergency Nursing standards, on patient condition and Hospital policy.
- Differentiates severity of patient problems and prioritizes care, designating an appropriate acuity level.
- Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care system ensuring timely evaluation according to the health care needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of all aspects of medical and traumatic emergencies.
- Considers principles of Emergency Nursing assessment while formulating appropriate nursing interventions for disease/trauma entity.
Required: Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Texas
Required: 1 year ER experience
Preferred: ACLS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS
Projected Start Date
Worked In Local
RnCruiter, a division of DrCruiter is owned and operated by clinicians, for clinicians and highly qualified healthcare professionals.... and different than all other healthcare executive staffing companies!
Visit www.DrCruiter.com for more information!