Nurse Manager, Long Term Care, $5000 Sign On Bonus
---- Full Time RN Nurse Manager for Dementia Unit----
Join a team that CARES for you so you can CARE for those who NEED YOU THE MOST!
Stella Maris offers an excellent benefit package that includes generous paid time off, paid holidays,
competitive healthcare benefits, 401K and tuition reimbursement. Free on-site training and CEU's offered year-round!
We provide work life balance and a free EAP program so the caregiver is cared for too!
JOB SUMMARY: The nurse manager is responsible for the coordination and implementation of nursing care provided to a designated group of residents on a 24 hour basis, ensuring that all needs are met and regulatory standards are adhered to consistently.
- Coordinates all nursing care provided to residents on a twenty four basis; establishes care plans, coordinates and conducts resident/family meetings, ensures ongoing communication with medical practitioners and coordinates/conducts regulatory required assessments.
- Performs effective professional employee management for a designated group of staff ensuring that facility and departmental protocols are adhered to consistently.
- Actively participates in departmental quality assurance activities including audits, tracking/trending and reporting.
- Actively works to resolve customer concerns swiftly; reports issues to AVP timely, thoroughly and accurately.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of the department by assuming flexible hours as needed, providing on call coverage on a rotational basis, consistently meeting administrative deadlines and functioning as the nursing supervisor when required.
Registered Nurse currently licensed in State of Maryland; gerontological certification preferred. BSN preferred.
Minimum three years experience in nursing field with one year in gerontology/long term care.
Experience in supervision and management.
Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with residents, staff, families and other disciplines.
Must be able to assist with lifting patients weighing up to 250 lb.