Operating Room Registered Nurse PRN
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Surgery Center of Aventura we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Operating Room Registered Nurse PRN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
Surgery Center of Aventura offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Operating Room Registered Nurse PRN opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking an Operating Room Nurse for our ambulatory surgery center who demonstrates the values of our company by caring like family. You will be an amazing addition to our team by contributing your expertise in the circulating or scrub role. You will ensure safe and effective nursing care until your patient is transferred from your care to recovery.
What you will do in this role:
- Oversee the instrument and equipment set-up for your OR, including utilization of preference cards and ability to anticipate your surgeons needs
- Coordinate and oversee your room during a case as the circulator
- You will facilitate effective and efficient transition between surgical procedures
- Utilize appropriate body mechanics in moving your patients to stretchers and OR tables to prevent injury
- Manage your patients care and medication, including assistance with anesthesia
- Consistently review your charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an operating room setting, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***online certification not acceptable
- ACLS as required by facility
- CNOR certification preferred
Surgery Center of Aventura is located in Aventura, Florida. We are near the beautiful south Florida beaches. We preform over 500 cases a month. Services in gastroenterology, gynecology, orthopedics, ENT, plastics, podiatry and urology are provided. We are a member of HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Operating Room Registered Nurse PRN opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.