Director of Nursing (DON)
Are you looking for a nursing leadership opportunity with a growing organization? We have an exceptional opportunity for a Director of Nursing (DON) to join our team. As the DON, you will plan, coordinate and manage the nursing department. You will be responsible for the overall direction and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents. You will supervise nursing care provided by registered nurses, licensed vocational/practical nurses and STNA/CNAs.
We offer one of the leading employee benefit packages in the industry, including health insurance, 401K with matching funds, paid time off and paid holidays. When you work with us, you will join an experienced, hard-working team that values communication and strong teamwork abilities.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Schedule and perform resident rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Insure proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
- Recommend to the administrator the number and levels of nursing personnel to be employed.
- Participate in the budget process of the facility and maintains the nursing supply, equipment and nurse staffing budgets.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable managed care, Medicare and state Medicaid regulations, reimbursement systems and methodology.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement program, making necessary improvement to processes based on quality assurance data.
Education and/or Experience:
- RN license in the state
- Director of Nursing, management or supervisor experience in long-term care, restorative or geriatric nursing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A Registered Nurse, RN who is currently licensed to practice by the state.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Additional certification in nursing specialty desired.
- Covid 19 vaccination or acceptable exemption required.