Patient Safety Risk Manager
OMSNIC (OMS National Insurance Company) is the leading provider of professional liability insurance to OMS nationwide. OMSGuard from OMSNIC is the standard of excellence in OMS practice protection and the only liability program dedicated to the complex practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Owned and operated by OMS, OMSNIC is exclusively endorsed by AAOMS. Our subsidiary, Fortress Insurance Company, provides professional liability insurance to dental practices nationwide. DDSGuard from Fortress is the only practice liability program dedicated exclusively to dentistry, with patient safety education and risk management resources designed specifically for dentists and staff. Conveniently located near O'Hare airport, our contemporary office boasts a friendly and supportive environment. We offer a competitive salary and extremely attractive benefits package including health and dental plans, 401k plan, deferred compensation plan and a generous paid time off policy.
This position is part of the Patient Safety and Risk Management Department. The successful candidate will work closely with other team members to develop and support a comprehensive and effective Patient Safety and Risk Management Program designed to improve patient safety and reduce risk within the OMS and dental practice.
- Provides insured-specific problem solving and makes recommendations on patient safety improvement efforts via phone and email.
- Develops educational resources and programs, including reference guides, forms, and presentations
- Analyzes claim data to identify key causes, patterns or trends that indicate high-risk practices which could compromise patient safety and increase risk
- Occasionally presents educational programs in a live or webinar format.
- Develops the Organizations’ digital newsletters including identifying topics, coordinating articles from contributing authors, as well as writing articles for inclusion
- Actively participates on committees related to Patient Safety and Risk Management
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, required in an appropriate field, including nursing, dental hygiene or healthcare management
- Preferred minimum of 3 years experience in healthcare focused Risk Management
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret claims data, legal documents, scientific and technical journals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (includes business writing)
- Willingness to travel occasionally preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Able to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Solid interpersonal skills; effectively and professionally interacts across the organization, with policyholders and vendors
- Strong organizational abilities
- Contributing team member to achieve organizational and departmental objectives
- Will maintain and protect confidential corporate information
- Has positive attitude towards assignments and easily adapt priorities to meet company needs
- Able to effectively absorb, accept and drive organizational change