Telecare Assistant Nurse Manager - Registered Nurse
The individual selected for theTelecare Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) positionwill function under the supervision of the Nurse Manager (NM) and is accountable for coordinating patient care using evidence-based practice. The ANM serves as a role model to all levels of staff. The ANM responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, planning, coordinating, and implementing daily nursing activities for the designated area to include utilization of personnel, scheduling, orientation and staff development. The ANM executes position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to the management of complex patient care. The ANM adheres to established policies, standards of care and standards of practice. The ANM demonstrates leadership in delivering and improving holistic care through collaboration with interdisciplinary approach. The selected individual must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with other members/services of the Medical Center to accomplish the Medical Center's mission, vision and goals; demonstrate evidence of strong positive interpersonal/customer service relations and verbal/written communication skills; assist with maintaining effective evaluation programs on quality nursing care and personnel performance; foster participation in process improvement programs and clinical research; demonstrate sound decision-making, critical thinking, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and interpreting and implementing of policies and procedures including EEO guidelines/policies and Labor Agreement.
TheTelecare Assistant Nurse Manager will also provide compassionate and safe healthcare through telecommunication, working in collaboration with Providers and other Disciplines to maintain continuity of patient care, wellness and customer satisfaction. The Telecare RN is a self-directed professional who uses the nursing process and evidence-based practice to meet the needs, questions or concerns of the Veteran, their representative, Visitors and VA staff. The selected RN may respond to a variety of calls ranging from calls from other healthcare facilities, request for appointments or medication refills, request for information or requests from ill or injured Veteransseeking medical assistance. The Telecare RN will respond to eachcall appropriately, assisting with the navigation of the health care system and intervenes or refers as appropriate to facilitate the achievement of patient outcomes.Telecare calls may range in length from 3 to30 minutes for determinationof the callers need(s), evaluation andappropriate response and documentation of encounter.
The Telecare RN is also responsible for providing post-discharge calls for recently discharged inpatients and follow-up calls to patients dischargedwithout being assigned to a Primary Care Provider.Review of discharge instructions, as well as Social Worker summaries, are conducted fordischarged patients.
Work Schedule:3:30pm - 12:00am, Monday - Friday, or asunit needsdictates.
Functional Statement Title/#:000000BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) or a Diploma in Nursing.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred.
Two (2) years of successful professional (RN) intensive care experience preferred.
Board certification from a VA approved certifying body.
Previous management experience ispreferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications is preferred.Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform portions of the work. However, there is periodic walking and standing.
- Use of fingers
- Use of both hands
- Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously
- Near vision correctable
- Far vision correctable
- Depth perception
- Hearing (aide permitted)
- Work closely with others, as well as, protracted or irregular hours of work
Current Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System Registered Nurses must submit the following documents in your application packet to be considered for this position:
1. CV or Resume
2. Current Supervisory Reference - Must be from immediate reporting official/annual evaluator
3. Occupational Questionnaire
All others must provide a complete Application package which includes:
1.CV or Resume
2. VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (Available at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;tkey=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;Action=Search)
3.Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at: http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf)
4. If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Form 214
5. Current Supervisory Reference - Must be from immediate reporting official/annual evaluator. (Available at http://www.littlerock.va.gov/careers/nursing/nursing_applications.asp)
6. BLS Certification
7. Occupation Questionnaire (only if unable to apply electronically)
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1999028.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.