RN Pact Care Manager
The PACT RN Care Manager practices as a Registered Nurse under the guidance of the Nurse Manager for Primary Care within VA Montana Health Care System and supports the mission and vision of the Healthcare System. Primary Care provides acute and chronic care needs for VA Montana Health Care System including a wide variety of services for adult and elderly Veterans. The PACT RN Care Manager applies PACT principles of proactive, personalized, patient centered care, team-based care, data driven care, continuity of care coordination, and population health and prevention.
The PACT RN Care Manager uses the nursing process and evidence based practice to collaborate with the Teamlet (Patient, Primary Care Provider, RN Care Manager, LPN, and MSA) and larger team (family/caregiver, internal and community based services) involved in providing proactive, personalized, and patient centered care to the patient in developing the patient centered holistic plan for life. The PACT RN Care Manager is responsible for collaborating with services internal and external to VA Montana Health Care Services in order to facilitate care transition that will effectively meet the patients' needs as well as provide a robust interdisciplinary approach to care; health promotion and disease prevention, acute, chronic, and long term needs. (PACT RN Care Manager coordinates discharge follow-up from the hospital, Emergency Department (ED), or Community Living Center (CLC), reassignment to or from another PACT, and care from provider (s) of specialty care.)
Monday through Friday; 8:00 to 4:30 or as agreed upon with the possibility of extended hours and weekends.
NOTE: Candidates must be willing to work weekends, irregular work hours and extended hours. The candidate must be willing to be assigned to other related services and/or locations, if necessary, which may require travel.
Functional Statement Title/#: Pact RN Care Manager #50134BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
VA Montana has a RN Residency/Transition to Practice Program. Per VA Directive 2011-039 participation in this program is required for all nurses who have less than 1 year of registered nurse experience or as recommended by the Associate Director Patient Care Services.
Preferred Experience: Outpatient RN Clinic experience and/or RN Care/Case Management experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate lifting (15-44 lbs), moderate carrying (15-44 lbs), straight pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, both hands required, walking, standing, repeated bending, both legs required, ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously, near vision correctable at 13" to 18" Jaeger 1-4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other, depth perception, ability to distinguish basic colors, hearing (aid permitted), emotional stability, mental stability, sitting 3-4 hours intermittently, hand & eye coordination, and twisting.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*Cover Letter
*Other Veterans Document
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1997723.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.