Registered Nurse, Primary Care Practice, FT, Float Position
Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell) and the Capital Health - Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
- Triages and assesses patients and determines the clinical priority by assessing patient's condition, medical history and present status by screening and interviewing patient, by reviewing medical records, and by reviewing physician notes. Performs and documents part of the physical assessment, including chief complaint and vital signs. Obtains and records patient medical history as needed. Discusses and reviews patient's prognosis with medical staff.
- Reviews and coordinates patient's medical phone calls, assesses the patient's status and schedules treatment according to established protocol. Reviews medication refill requests, laboratory and other test results daily and prioritizes them for LIPs according to established protocol.
- Performs nursing care and treatment modalities appropriate for individual patients. Assists LIP with procedures, performs EKGs, removes sutures, cleans wounds, applies dressings and obtains specimens and cultures while labeling patients' specimens.
- Administers medications and documents patient's records according to established protocol. Performs and demonstrates technical skills specific to assigned ambulatory setting. Calls in prescriptions to pharmacies under the direction of the LIP. Completes competency checklist with their preceptors.
- Recognizes important changes in patient condition and reacts appropriately in ambulatory setting. Acknowledges and includes patient's family during communication with the patient.
- Prepares and maintains thorough, clear and concise documentation in patient's charts. Documents nursing actions, type and effect of treatments, patient responses and other required information.
- Performs quality assurance (QA) activities as defined by ambulatory setting. Documents quality control for waived testing and sterilization of instruments. Oversees other quality and regulatory initiatives documentation. Takes appropriate action to remedy any discrepancies.
- Locations individual will float to include Columbus, Bordentown, Hamilton, Quakerbridge, Ewing, Mountainview, Lower Makefield, Langhorne and Princeton.
- Associate's degree or graduation from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience in an acute, urgent care or outpatient setting.
- Excellent customer service skills and intermediate computer skills.
- Experience with EKG.
- Valid NJ and PA RN licenses and BLS.
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
- 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to Express Your Interest In Less Than 60 Seconds, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/142546
Equal opportunity employer.