REGISTERED NURSE-PRIMARY CARE-PACT-SAYRE
There is oneposition located in Primary Care, Patient Aligned Care Team(PACT)for theSayre Outpatient Clinic,in Sayre, PA.
Maintains current/active BCLS Certification. Travels to conferences/training off station. Performs EKGs and Immunization and document appropriately. Functions as a patient educator with emphasis on preventative health and wellness topics, disease specific initiatives.Interviews patients, obtains vital signs, and prepares patient for visit with provider.
Conducts annual preventative health screening on all patients enrolled in primary care. Completes clinical reminders on all patients enrolled in Primary Care. Provides immediate nursing intervention in all emergency situations.
Serves as liaison for medical concerns and initiates appropriate referrals Responsible for ordering/maintaining supplies in the clinical area. Conducts Nursing clinics and Ear Irrigation clinics. Completes Diabetic and At Risk foot examinations.
Maintains and monitors expiration dates of supplies in clinical area and informs ordering personnel if supplies need to be reordered. Assists with the operation of specialty clinics as appropriate. Exhibits leadership skills through charge nurse duties by directing patient care, patient flow, and staff assignments. Participates in outreach programs Conducts annual preventative health screening on all patients enrolled in primary care. Nursing Documentation per Medical Center policy.
Completes clinical reminders on all patients enrolled in Primary Care. Provides immediate nursing intervention in all emergency situations. Serves as liaison for medical concerns and initiates appropriate referrals
Maintains and monitors expiration dates of supplies in clinical area and informs ordering personnel if supplies need to be reordered. Performs EKG's, Phlebotomy, immunizations & others (ie. Holter monitor,pulse oximetry, ear irrigations)
Monitors and records temperature for refrigerators if appropriate and reports out of range temperatures
Coordinates patient flow for the clinics Completes Diabetic and At Risk foot examinations. Assists with the operation of specialty clinics as appropriate. Functions as a liaison addressing medical/eligibility concerns. Maintains competency for all clinically appropriate procedures. Exhibits leadership skills through charge nurse duties by directing patient care, patient flow, and staff assignments. Demonstrates ability to collaborate with all levels of services and disciplines. Collaborates with patient, family and care providers in any and all settings where care is being provided to evaluate and update changes in the patient-driven life plan and patient management. Coordinate and manages patient care included on the high risk registry by utilizing the Care Assessment Needs Score. Performs follow-up discharge calls for the hospital and emergency room to ensure continuity of care and timely management of care. Initiates/actively participates in daily huddles, team meetings, and interdisciplinary opportunities to improve patient care at the program level. Promotes patient, family and team interactions and problem solving by actively participating in interdisciplinary and team meetings to facilitate collaboration and the achievement of identified goals. Documents patient care into CPRS utilizing the appropriate note title and encounter according to policy and standard operating procedures. Triages acute and non-acute patient needs by telephone, face to face, and secure messaging to facilitate medical management, patient safety, and optimal health. Assist the patient with navigating through the health care systems and intervenes or refers as needed to facilitate the achievement of patient outcomes. Utilizes approved Protocols and Policies to facilitate autonomy in providing care. Applies skills, such as Motivational Interviewing to promote patient self-management towards patient-driven holistic plan for life. Promotes health promotion and population specific care and education. Demonstrates leadership by serving as an advocate for patients, assuming charge nurse responsibilities, and team player to colleagues.
Specialized Experience: Case Management Experience Preferred
Work Schedule: Dayshift 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Functional Statement Title/#: RN-PRIMARY CARE/PACT/000000
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education/Experience Requirements: Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing with approximately 2-3 years of experience (OR) Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing and Bachelors Degree in a related field with approximately 1-2 years of experience (OR) BSN with approximately 1-2 years of experience (OR) Master's Degree in nursing or related field with a BSN or Bachelor's Degree in a related field with no experience. BSN with Approximately 2-3 years (OR) Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing and Bachelor's Degree in a related field, with Approximately 2-3 years (OR) Master's Degree in nursing or related field with BSN or Bachelor's Degree in a related field, with Approximately 1-2 years. (OR) Doctoral Degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has Doctoral Degree in related field.
Heavy Lifting (45 lbs. and over); Heavy Carrying (45 lbs. and over); Straight Pulling (up to 1 hour); Pushing (1 - 2 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to 6 hours); Standing (up to 8 hours); Repeated bending (up to 1 hour); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; Hearing (aid permitted
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*Other(10-2850a APPLICATION FOR NURSES AND NURSE ANESTHETISTS)
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*Cover Letter
*VA Form 10-2850a -Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists
(Available at http://vaww.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-091998-fill.pdf) If you fail to attach the above listed form VA Form 10-2850a, you will not be referred for consideration.
*SF 50 copy required for all VA and Federal Employees only, showing current Grade/Step (located in eOPF).
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1997576.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.