Registered Nurse (Supervisory Clinical Case Manager)
The RN, Supervisory Clinical Case Manager works under the direction of the Supervisory Program Management Officer in the Chief of Staff service at the Veterans Health Care Systems of the Ozarks (VHSO) in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide oversight, assessing and coordinating clinical patient care needs or the Fee Management Unit, including utilization management, consult management, transfer coordination, inpatient services, outpatient services, and Home Health Care.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate patient care and transfer of hospitalized patients in the community, while assuring compliance with VA and Federal rules, regulations and laws.
- Assess, develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with internal and external sources.
- Review, analyze and make preliminary decisions on all treatment plans, or requests from private physicians
- Enter requests for care received from community providers into the consultation package of CPRS
- Make recommendations for continuation or referral to government resources
- Monitor physician's progress notes and orders to determine adequate and timely documentation to indicate the medical necessity and appropriateness of care
- Review patient data for utilization issues and confer with utilization expertise regarding specific cases and
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate educational strategies for Fee Basis and HIMS.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Functional Statement Title/#: RN, Supervisory Clinical Case Manager/000000BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Preferred Experience: 2-3 years supervisory experience in a clinical department.Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: Eligible applicants must be physically and mentally able to perform the following: Heavy lifting, 45 pounds and over; heavy carrying, 45 pounds and over; straight pulling one (1) hour; pushing; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking seven (7) hours; standing seven (7) hours; kneeling 1/2 hour; repeated bending; both legs required; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of colors; hearing without aid; mental/emotional stability; Environmental Factors required: Working outside and inside; dust; working with hands in water, working closely with others and protracted or irregular hours of work.
APPLICATION PACKET - You must submit a complete application package. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IDMA (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration of ratings will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software or fax transmissions, etc.
A complete Application Package includes:
1. Responses to the Questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire
2. CV or Resume. Your resume/CV must include the following information for each position you have held: job title, duties, dates of employment including month and year (start/end dates) and full-time or part-time status with the number of hours worked each week.
3. VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurse and Nurse Anesthetist (Available at https://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-091998-fill.pdf ). Please sign document before uploading or faxing.
4. Most recent SF 50 (Notification of Personnel Action), if applicable, that shows your current title, series, step, salary and tenure.
5. If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD 214 that shows your character of service (i.e. Honorable, Under Honorable Conditions).
6. If you are claiming 10-points veterans' preference, in addition to your DD 214, you must submit a SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference along with all required supporting documentation.
If you are unable to download a form(s) please visit http://www.opm.gov/forms/index.htm.
The following documents will be required if selected:
1. Three signed professional letters of recommendation.
2. Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://vaww4.va.gov/vaforms/va/pdf/of306.pdf )
3. All applicants must address the Nursing Four Dimensions (Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration, and Scientific Inquiry).
4. Transcripts - Copy of official college transcript that reflects your nursing degree and/or related degrees.
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1996844.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.