RN Manager of Critical Care - MICU
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
RN Manager of Critical Care-MICU *Night Shift Manager* Wesley Medical Center $15,000 Sign-On Bonus $15,000 Relocation Bonus for Eligible Candidates We are seeking an RN Manager of Critical Care-MICU for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Position Summary: The Nursing Manager provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care provided for patients in individual units. Responsibilities include fiscal, human resource, risk management and operational functions. The Manager contributes to strategic planning and program development and maintains 24 hour accountability. The Manager performs delegated duties and functions within the philosophy and overall scope of responsibility. The Manager displays positive support for the values and mission of Wesley Medical Center.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
Wesley Woodlawn, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award from the Studer Group for a second consecutive year for its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, ranking in the 90th percentile nationally. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
QualificationsRequired Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course within allotted time frame, asspecified in policy
- For Managers in Neuro ICU and CCU-NIH
- Successful completion of Dysrhythmia Exam
- For Managers in MICU-CRRT and NIH
- For Managers in SICU-TNCC, CRRT and NIH
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Three years supervisory experience
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing educationto patients and/orsignificant others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Possess personal computer skills
- Ability to multi-task, delegateand prioritize
- Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Follows and maintains current evidence based and research driven nursing practices and quality measures including but not limited to:
- VAP prevention and implementationof VAP bundle
- Skin & Wound Care including prevention of pressure wounds
- Meeting& Exceeding Core Measures as determined by National Standards
- Proactive care toreduce Catheter Acquired UTIs
- Protecting patientsafety and being cognizant of Fall Risk and interventions to prevent falls
- Utilizing restraints safely as per hospital policy
- Display competence in the following (may be unit specific - training providedduring orientation):
- Interpreting EKG rhythms
- Vasoactive and Cardiac IV medications
- Ventilator management
- MediTech documentation including visual flow sheet
- Arterial and Venous blood draws
- Obtaining 12-lead EKGs
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.