Registered Nurse- High Tech Home Care Nassau Full Time
Shift Type: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Hours: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Location: Northwell Staffing (HSSTF), Great Neck, NY
About Northwell Health
Here we aren’t satisfied with settling, so we search for innovation in everything we do. We’re flexible, hardworking and not afraid to push boundaries to go the extra mile for our colleagues, our patients and their families. Our employees are always encouraged to become the best they can be through growth and education.
It doesn’t just take courage and determination to do what we do – it’s that spark and instinct to care that changes lives. Truly Compassionate, Truly Innovative, Truly Ambitious, Truly Together and Truly Ourselves. They help us make a powerful and positive impact on our patients’ and customers’ experiences.
We are true to our beliefs and our quest to define the health care industry of tomorrow. Caring runs through everything we do. It’s who we are. As New York state’s largest private employer and health care provider with 22 hospitals and over 500 outpatient practices, we serve a community of 8 million people in the metro New York area and beyond.
Learn more about our Employee Promise by clicking here.
Join us for our upcoming OR Nursing Interview Day on August 17th!
Join us for our upcoming Emergency Nursing Interview Week – August 28th!
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, preferred.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- BCLS certification or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a RN, including initiation of IV therapy.
- Provides necessary intravenous therapy to patients.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the physical and emotional needs of patients requiring IV therapy.
- Follows policies of the Department regarding IV therapy.
- Maintains documentation of IV therapy.
- Investigates, evaluates and validates new techniques and equipment used for IV therapy.
- Conducts patient interview, explains policies and procedures to patient/ significant others, reviews patient’s chart and answers questions.
- Communicates/documents patient’s health status.
- Collaborates with other care team members in planning and carrying out treatment regimen; provides direction to other members of the care team.
- Interprets and implements treatment regimen as prescribed by the Physician.
- Assists the Physician during treatments and/or diagnostic procedures.
- Keeps management and/or physician informed of changes in patient’s condition and/or treatments, as appropriate.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions