Registered Nurse-Care Coordinator
Eisenhower Medical Center
Registered Nurse-Care Coordinator
Located in Southern California, Eisenhower Medical Center is a not-for-profit hospital seeking a Registered Nurse-Care Coordinator. Please visit careers.emc.org to learn more information and apply.
The Registered Nurse-Care Coordinator must meet the following qualifications:
- Education: BSN or MSN or enrollment in an RN-BSN or RN-MSN program within 1 year of hire and completion within 5 years of hire
- Licensure/Certification: California Registered Nurse (required); Certification in Case Management (preferred)
- Experience: 3 years as RN in acute setting (required); Certification in Case Management
The Registered Nurse-Care Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Determining the appropriateness of hospital admission, and for advocating, coordinating and facilitating the interdisciplinary plan of care to expedite medically appropriate, effective, efficient and timely utilization of resources for maximum patient outcomes
- Partnering with the Charge Nurse, Social Worker, physician and other members of the interdisciplinary team to facilitate safe and timely discharge, and intervenes as appropriate to remove barriers to efficient patient throughput and smooth patient transition
- Applying clinical expertise and medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization, admissions and discharge planning
- Demonstrating compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and taking action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations
- Ensuring that an admission review has been completed within one working day after admission
- Transitioning with the ED Care Coordinator and Transfer Coordinator for patients admitted to inpatient/observation level of care
- Performing a comprehensive assessment of patient's clinical, psychosocial, discharge planning and financial needs. Establishes clinical milestones and goals related to these issues
- Establishing rapport and a relationship with the patient and family in order to understand their needs and expectations and assisting them in setting realistic and mutual goals
- Integrating an awareness of cultural factors in the patient/family interview process and elicit clinically relevant cultural information
- In conjunction with the physician, the patient and interdisciplinary team, establishing a comprehensive plan of care to appropriately address clinical milestones
- Communicating plan of care, including changes and issues related to plan of care to patient/family, physicians and other members of the healthcare team
- Facilitating communication between the physician, interdisciplinary team, patient and family
- Gathering sufficient information from all relevant sources to determine the effectiveness of the plan of care to assure it is done in an accurate, safe, timely and cost effective manner
- Being a resource to staff and physicians regarding appropriateness of admission and continued stay, levels of care (including related documentation requirements), quality of care concerns and criteria/guidelines/protocols utilized in care planning and resource utilization
- Organizing, integrating and evaluating the effectiveness of the plan of care and progress toward achievement of desired outcomes
- Modifying plan of care as patient/family needs change to accomplish goals established in the plan of care
Eisenhower Medical Center is proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package and matched retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
About Eisenhower Medical Center:
Near Palm Springs, California, our vibrant community offers an enviable lifestyle including affordable housing, minimal traffic, world-class dining and shopping, and year round recreational activities. Additionally, Eisenhower Medical Center is less than two hours away from sandy beaches and mountain resorts.
At Eisenhower Medical Center, we offer a progressive environment with an emphasis on individual growth and advanced medical practices seldom seen in other hospitals. As a not-for-profit and comprehensive health care institution, we are honored to be recognized as one of the top-ranking hospitals in California. For 2016-2017, U.S. News and World Report has ranked us as the #1 performing hospital in the Riverside Metro area and #21 in California, placing us in the top six percentile of hospitals in the state. In addition, we were within the 20 percent of hospitals nationwide to receive four stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in its Overall Hospital Quality and Star Rating (2016).
Located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage, we offer our community a 517-bed acute care hospital with telemetry, critical care and medical/surgical floors. We also have a multitude of specialty centers on our campus including The Betty Ford Center, The Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center, The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences and The Lucy Curci Cancer Center.
Eisenhower Medical Center has recently been granted Magnet recognition by the ANCC for its nursing excellence, which makes us the first and only hospital in the Inland Empire to achieve this prestigious Magnet distinction. For the fifth consecutive year, Eisenhower Medical Center has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation (2017), a testament to our commitment to provide equitable care.
HealthGrades® recognized Eisenhower Medical Center as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals with awards in three different specialties: General Surgery (2017), Orthopedic Surgery (2015-2017), and Spine Surgery (2016-2017). In addition, we received Excellence Awards for Cardiac Surgery (2016-2017), Coronary Intervention (2017), Gastrointestinal Care (2017) and Vascular Surgery (2015-2016). Eisenhower Medical Center is the only hospital in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to be named one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Analytics™ for 2016 & 2017.
Eisenhower Medical Center has had a great deal of growth in our Clinic Divisions throughout the Coachella Valley. We also cultivate an environment that fosters outstanding levels of employee engagement and was one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board Company (2017).
Come JOIN our TEAM! To apply for a position now please visit careers.emc.org