Certified Nurse Assistant - Med/Surg 7NT Gastro
Duties and responsibilities include: taking and recording vital signs, changing bed linens, transporting patients, assisting patients in ambulating, delivering food trays, general cleaning and supply distribution, and providing activities for daily living to include bathing, dressing, feeding and assisting with personal hygiene. This position may include other duties as assigned.
The Medical Surgical Gastro is a Med/Surg unit with a focus on GI. Many of our patients have non-surgical abdominal pain, cirrhosis, hepatitis, non-surgical bowel obstructions, intractable nausea and vomiting, cholelithiasis, acute pancreatitis, diarrhea, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, and upper and lower GI bleeds. We also receive patients from surgery of less complicated cases. This is a fast-paced unit with lots to offer! We are a unit that values teamwork above all. No matter the situation, whether it be a code blue or a birthday party here on the unit, we bind together and get our tasks completed as a team. We are very proud of the family we have built and can't wait to add to it.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service skills and computer literacy is required. Previous experience as a Nurse Assistant in a hospital setting preferred.
- Current Texas CNA Certification
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- If Associate has graduated from an accredited nursing program (RN) the certification is waived for the first seven months.