Registered Nurse Pediatric OR Circulator
Registered Professional Nurse AdventHealth Orlando Location Address: 601 E Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803 Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Applicable experience required.
- 2 year Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible. Internal Candidates are not eligible.
- Applicable experience required.
- 2 year Full Time employment contract required. Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012) NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995) NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population. PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care. COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
What Will You Need: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- For Radiology/Imaging, PALS required only for cost centers 4220,7211,6236
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.