Registered Nurse RN PICU
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- $15,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below) Benefits from Day One Paid Days Off from Day One Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense) Whole Person Wellbeing and Mental Health Resources
- As one of the premier children’s health systems in the nation, AdventHealth for Children sets the standard for innovation, quality and comprehensive care. Our technologically advanced, flagship facility is designed by Walt Disney Imagineers to be child-friendly. Across Central Florida, there are more than 300 dedicated, pediatric beds — 200 of which are located at the tertiary children’s hospital in Orlando. We have assembled a world-class team of doctors, specialists, nurses and health care professionals that utilizes some of the most advanced technologies, therapies and treatments available to care for our patients. This includes 140 pediatric specialists practicing 35 subspecialties and 800+ Pediatric specialty trained staff. For a second time, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) has granted AdventHealth for Children Magnet® recognition, which establishes the hospital as a national leader in nursing and patient care. Only seven-percent of the nation’s hospitals have received this recognition. Want to see what it’s like to work with us? Click here for a virtual tour of the AdventHealth for Children campus!
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at AdventHealth for Children provides specialized comprehensive care for infants and children that require continuous monitoring. The PICU offers 22 critical care beds that are all centrally monitored. Children who come to the PICU often have significant breathing problems, heart defects, complications from diabetes or injuries sustained from non-accidental traumas. Our caregivers are trained to deal specifically with these critical cases. Our physicians are board certified pediatric intensivists and are available on the unit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Procedures and treatments available within the unit for our critical pediatric patients include endotracheal intubations, CVL insertions and management, lumbar punctures, exchange transfusions, invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation, blood product administration, ECMO, hemodialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy, surgical procedures, and advanced respiratory therapy including nitric oxide. In addition to specialty trained pediatric ICU providers, nurse practitioners, anesthesiologists, surgeons, nurses, and respiratory therapists there are a wide variety of support services available to the PICU patients and families. Support services include, but are not limited to, pediatric trained: palliative care, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, Pediatric Vascular Access team, ST/OT and PT, pastoral care and child life specialists. These disciplines participate directly in the unit multidisciplinary family centered rounds which occur twice daily to keep our team and families informed with the most update information on the patient’s condition
- Applicable experience required. Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed: Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate of a school of nursing Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing Professional certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.