Registered Nurse RN Labor and Delivery FT Days
Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse - AdventHealth Central Texas Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549 Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Sign on Bonus to qualified candidates
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
- Administers care for the obstetrical patient having surgical procedure in the Labor & Delivery Operating Suite.
- Intraoperative and post anesthesia care is in accordance with Hospital established standards of care. Performs steam sterilization processing of instruments and supplies for the MCH unit in accordance with Hospital standards for sterilization. Assures sterilization parameters have been met before utilizing supplies.
- Assists with the care of the newborn at deliveries.
- Maintains skills in neonatal resuscitation.
- Demonstrates assessment skills in both high risk and low risk obstetrical patients.
- Recognition of maternal and/or fetal problems are identified and reported to the physician.
- Notifies charge nurse and House Supervisor of anticipated transfer.
- Notifies all surgical team members of emergency and scheduled surgical procedures.
- Accurately identifies and bands newborn, mother and significant others with matching identification bands.
What You Will Need:
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
- BLS from the American Heart Association required.
- One year medical-surgical experience recommended.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.