ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
At St. David's Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator, you will serve as the primary decision maker for clinical and managerial operations and workflow during a given shift. As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator you may assume care responsibilities for patients on the unit if needed. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
* You will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-centered care.
* You will continuously assess the quality of nursing care services provided and operationalize evidenced-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes.
* You will assume leadership responsibility within the unit in support of the RN manager/director, including direct supervision of a portion of the staff, education and coaching, payroll editing, annual performance reviews, and employee recognition.
* You will have designated responsibilities that may rotate within one or more of the following core areas:
o Quality, Safety, and Regulatory Preparedness
o Patient Experience
o Employee Engagement, Physician Satisfaction, and Culture
o Fiscal Responsibility including scheduling, overtime review, and supply management
o Staff Development including education / clinical competencies and Graduate Nurse Residency / Preceptor support
* 1+ years experience in healthcare
* Associate Degree in Nursing
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing- Preferred
License and Certifications
* Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.