Ortho Surgical Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Las Palmas Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Ortho Surgical Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN you can be a part of change.Benefits
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Ortho Surgical Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
- Associate Degree in Nursing or RN Diploma Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Preferred
- 1+ years applicable experience Required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Honors our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
- Communicates with Impact: Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
- Attains and Leverages Strategic Relationships: Ability to develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of HCA.
- Leads and Develops Others: Ability to lead others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives, to provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams, and to drive employee engagement.
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of our patients, employees, providers, community, and HCA.
- Achieves Success through Change: Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance, and enable desired behaviors.
- Drives Execution and Financial Results: Ability to commit to the success and financial wellbeing of HCA by challenging others to excel and by holding themselves and others accountable for achieving results.
- Service and Quality Excellence: Ability to demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients.
- Uses Independent Judgment: Ability to use independent judgment and decision making in the execution of supervisory responsibilities, including when considering schedules, workload, and skill mix in assigning work; rewarding, counseling, or disciplining employees; leading and developing others; and directing employees within their responsibility.
Las Palmas Medical Center is a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region’s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women’s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Ortho Surgical Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.