RN Hospice - Various Shifts, East of I-77 Service Area
We offer several shifts:
- 5 - 8 hour shifts, 8:00am - 5:00pm (weekend requirement every 8-9 weekends)
- 3 - 12 hour shifts, 9:00am - 9:30pm
- 3 - 12 hour shifts, 8:00pm - 8:30 am
We have various geographical areas available and there's no on call requirement. Holiday requirement is 2 a year. We welcome experienced and as well as new grads.Learn more about Hospice and Palliative Care at Cleveland Clinic:
Not ready to apply, but have questions about RN roles with Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to schedule a time to speak with a Recruiter on the Nursing team: https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/35slbj42/?&e_id=2741
This position is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment Program.
- BSN preferred; graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required. If a diploma or Associates Degree of Nursing, a BSN will be required within 3 years of hire date.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio.
- Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse certification preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Valid State Driver's License (VDL) required.
- Must have reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance with $100,000/$300,000 coverage.
- Minimum two years of critical care and/or oncology experience highly preferred. Infusion therapy experience preferred.
- Provides supervision, assessment, planning and direct patient care to hospice patients in accordance with the agency policies and procedures and the plan of care established by the interdisciplinary team.
- Delegates appropriate components of the plan of care to other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Coordinates care for managing a caseload of patients.
- Serves as preceptor for new nursing staff and provides observation visits as requested.
- Performs accurate and complete admission assessments and reassessments within specified time frame.
- Assesses patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Assesses and documents patient's pain using appropriate pain scale and manages patient's pain.
- Prioritizes and documents patient problems based on assessed needs/problems in collaboration with patient, family and health care team.
- Plans delivery of patient care in collaboration with other disciplines to promote wellness and facilitate the discharge planning process.
- Assesses educational needs of patients, care givers and family considering cultural issues and other special challenges.
- Other duties as assigned.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting packages, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: Hospice, End of Life, Palliative, Flexible, Autonomous, CHPN, Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse, Long Term Care, Comfort Care, Home Care, Travel RNProvides supervision, assessment, planning and direct patient care to hospice patients in accordance with the agency policies and procedures and the plan of care established by the interdisciplinary team.