RN Hospice Care Center - PRN
Learn more about Hospice and Palliative Care at Cleveland Clinic:
Not ready to apply, but have questions about RN roles with Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to schedule a time to speak with a Recruiter on the Nursing team: https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/35slbj42/?&e_id=2741
- Performs accurate and complete admission assessments and reassessments within specified time frame.
- Assesses patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Assesses and documents patient’s pain using appropriate pain scale and manages patient’s pain.
- Prioritizes and documents patient problems based on assessed needs/problems in collaboration with patient, family and health care team.
- Plans delivery of patient care in collaboration with other disciplines to promote wellness and facilitate the discharge planning process.
- Delegates appropriate components of the care plan to other members of the disciplinary team.
- Provides supervision, assessment, planning and direct patient care to hospice patients in accordance with agency policies and procedures and the plan of care established by the interdisciplinary team.
- Administers medication and treatments safely and accurately with a focus on patient comfort.
- Coordinates care for managing a caseload of patients.
- Documents changes in patient condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care/interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes.
- Assesses educational needs of patients, care givers and family considering cultural issues and other special challenges.
- Provides teaching and educational material to the patient and/or significant other concerning the following topics when applicable: diagnosis, diagnostic tests and procedures, safe and proper use of equipment, reason for and safe use of medication food/drug interactions, injury prevention, self-care and nutritional needs.
- Serves as a preceptor for new nursing staff and provides observation visits as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- For Hospice field staff only, Valid State Driver’s License required; per policy 8-175 thereafter
- For Hospice field staff only, Proof of automobile insurance with $100,000/$300,000 coverage required; per policy 8-175 thereafter
- Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse certification preferred.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum two years critical care and/or medical/surgical experience preferred.
- Previous Hospice and/or oncology experience preferred
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting packages, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Heavy work – Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keyword: hospice unit, hospice, RN, registered nurse, PRN, per diemProvides supervision, assessment, planning and direct patient care to hospice patients in accordance with the agency policies and procedures and the plan of care established by the interdisciplinary team.