RN Hospice Coordinator
Not ready to apply, but have questions about RN roles with Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to schedule a time to speak with a Recruiter on the Nursing team: https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/35slbj42/?&e_id=2741
This position is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment Program.
- Actively engages and educates potential customers to the benefits and appropriateness of hospice care.
- Ensures the patient and his/her family has adequate knowledge and understanding of the hospice benefit.
- Processes inquiries for all new referrals (internal and external).
- Ensures seamless transition from hospital to the community setting by coordinating the following hospice services at time of discharge:
- Ordering of medications within scope of practice,
- Ordering supplies and DME,
- Hand-off communication with field team, and
- Documentation in the electronic medical record
- Performs assessment of potential patients consistent with Cleveland Clinic Hospice policies, procedures and admission criteria in conjunction with the patient’s physician.
- Performs admission assessments for new admissions into contracted facilities and documents information in the EMR within specified time frame.
- Plans delivery of patient care in collaboration with other disciplines to provide comfort and symptom management.
- Performs daily assessment and coordinates the plan of care with /in-patient staff for General Inpatients (GIP). Assesses patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Assesses and documents patient’s pain using appropriate pain scale and manages patient’s pain.
- Documents changes in patient condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care/interventions.
- Evaluates, updates, and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes.
- Knows action, usual dosage, indications and side effects of medications administered.
- Assumes responsibility for coordination of care for managing a caseload of patients in the inpatient setting.
- Flexibility in setting and revising priorities for one’s daily assignment based on patient needs/acuity, family requests and available resources.
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN Preferred.
- English required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000 coverage upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- The ability to build relationships with patients, physicians, community agencies and institutions while providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledgeable regarding JCAHO and Medicare standards and regulations.
- Requires working under stressful conditions
- Hours of work will vary dependent on the needs of the referral sources. Irregular work hours may be required.
- Requires travel to hospitals and community referral sources.
- Minimum one year current clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Minimum one year experience in an acute medical-surgical or critical care setting.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting packages, manual and finger dexterity and eye hand coordination. Occasionally lifts and carries items up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Keywords: liaison, referral, care coordinator, Fairview, Luther, AvonActs as a member of the interdisciplinary team for the assigned functions related to the coordination of services with internal and external referral sources. Responsible for processing inpatient referrals into hospice, ensuring continuity of care, and coordinates discharge planning in contract facilities.
Provides, assessment, planning and direct patient care to hospice patients in accordance with the agency policies and procedures and the plan of care established by the interdisciplinary team.