Pediatric Dialysis Nurse
Not ready to apply, but have questions about RN roles with Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to schedule a time to speak with a Recruiter on the Nursing team:
- Provides all aspects of nursing care before during and after hemodialysis treatment.
- Performs ongoing monitoring, evaluation and documentation of patient's status.
- Recognizes and responds accordingly to adverse events.
- Assist in Pediatric Peritoneal Dialysis Clinic.
- Reviews and interprets lab results.
- Notifies physician of significant results.
- Maintains professional growth and development in the nursing field and identified annual core competencies.
- Utilizes knowledge of current and new procedure techniques and adapts patient care needs accordingly.
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient, family and health care team.
- Monitors RO and water quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of approved school of nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) to be obtained within the first year of hire.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Dialysis or Pediatric experience preferred.
- Full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids.
- Light Work - Exerting 10 to 25 pounds of force occasionally.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.