Assistant Nurse Manager Neuro Intermediate Critical Care
Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!
Under the direction of the nurse manager or other nursing leader, the assistant nurse manager has responsibility for the effective implementation of the philosophy, goals, policies, and procedures of the hospital and the nursing department and their effect on patient care in the department.
The Neuro Intermediate Critical Care Unit is a 27 bed, Neuro focused critical care unit with emphasis on stroke, neuro surgical- craniotomies, EVDs, and neuro-intervention. Stroke Rapid Response Team. We are a fast-paced unit with a significant cohesive group taking care of the critically ill.
- Assists the nurse manager and divisional director in development, implementation and evaluation of ongoing service programs which assure quality nursing, and patient care programs consistent with the hospital mission.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Minimum requirement: Associates Degree. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or MSN preferred.
- Two (2) years of nursing experience required. Participation in leadership activities (Unit, hospital or system Shared Governance meetings, Precepting, Charge nurse role, etc.,) preferred.
- Current RN in State of Michigan required.
- Nursing Certification in specialty area preferred.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- NEW On-demand pay program – powered by Payactiv
- Manual Dexterity: Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients.
- Coordination: Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and pulses.
- Mobility: Positions requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination: Positions requires incumbent to constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as reading thermometers.
- Hearing: Positions requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom. Occasionally be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
Frequently exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in VDTs.
Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances.
Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids.
Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease, oil, and radiation.
Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste materials of hazardous medications.
ABOUT BEAUMONTBeaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you’ll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system. Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer