Otterbein has an opportunity for an MDS Nurse. This role is a critical partner on the health care team responsible for all aspects of the MDS process, including care planning and meeting with families regarding the care of their loved one.
Apply from your phone! Text OTTER to 89743
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we supply PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to keep you and our residents safe. Additionally, we have implemented stronger infection control and testing procedures in all Otterbein locations.
The individual must be detail oriented, have the ability to lead and deliver high quality services in a person-centered environment. This position coordinates the development, completion and transmission of assessments in accordance with the regulatory requirements and reviews and manages reimbursement. The MDS Coordinator is responsible to case manage care plans, including rehabilitative programs. It is important that this individual demonstrate knowledge of clinical standards of practice, regulations and reimbursement governing long-term care and Medicare participation.
- Education: BSN preferred
- Licensure/Certification: Current OH RN license
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ of MDS experience in long-term care//nursing home environment required. Experience in post-acute environments also a plus
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Recognize the autonomy and dignity of all residents.
- Communicate a sense of caring, concern, and dignity for residents.
- Understand how to place decision-making in the hands of the residents whenever possible and appropriate.
- Make prompt and accurate judgments with regard to resident care and emergencies
- Medical insurance with free virtual doctor visits
- Vision and dental insurance
- Paid Time off that accrues immediately
- Paid Holidays
- Life insurance
- Retirements Savings with a 401(k) or 403(b) with company match
- Get access to 50% of your wages before pay day through PayActiv
- Employee sponsored fund for employees in need
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance
*Some benefits are based on hours worked
Apply today and begin a meaningful career as an MDS Nurse at Otterbein.