Peds Med Surg Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at St. David's North Austin Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Peds Med Surg Clinical Nurse Coordinator you can be a part of change.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Peds Med Surg Clinical Nurse Coordinator. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator, you will serve as the primary decision maker for clinical and managerial operations and workflow during a given shift. As a Registered Nurse, you may assume care responsibilities for patients on the unit if needed. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
* You will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-centered care.
* You will continuously assess the quality of nursing care services provided and operationalize evidenced-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes.
* You will assume leadership responsibility within the unit in support of the RN manager/director, including direct supervision of a portion of the staff, education and coaching, payroll editing, annual performance reviews, and employee recognition.
* You will have designated responsibilities that may rotate within one or more of the following core areas:
o Quality, Safety, and Regulatory Preparedness
o Patient Experience
o Employee Engagement, Physician Satisfaction, and Culture
o Fiscal Responsibility including scheduling, overtime review, and supply management
o Staff Development including education / clinical competencies and Graduate Nurse Residency / Preceptor supportWhat qualifications you will need:
* 1+ year experience in healthcare
* Associate Degree in Nursing
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing - preferred
License and Certifications
* Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification - preferred
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital, St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Peds Med Surg Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.