RN PICU - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Pediatric Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Loxahatchee, FL. The right RN should have 1-2 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a PICU RN, you'll provide critical care to pediatric patients as part of a broader medical team. You will collaborate with physicians, specialists and the patients' families to ensure the best coordinated care for these special patients. PICU Travel Nurses provide care to children and adolescents with a wide range of conditions, ranging from common childhood diseases to life-threatening illnesses.
As a PICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Monitor patients' vital signs and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Follow continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings, such as EKG tracings, O2 stats, CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and report any observed changes.
- Change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs (both central venous and arterial).
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment used on patients, such as ventilators.
- Assist physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations.
- Assist with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters, arterial lines, external ventricular drains, Foleys, epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes.
Active FL or Compact License Certs required: BLS, PALSExperience required: 2 YearsPICU experience; ventilator and drips experience; sedations