Clinical Nurse Coordinator Emergency Room
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Hourly Wage Estimate: $33.65 - $52.00 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career as an Emergency Room Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Charge RN) at Swedish Medical Center (HealthONE / HCA). Submit your application today!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HealthONE / HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Swedish Medical Center (HealthONE / HCA) team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
As an Emergency Room Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Charge RN) you will be part of an amazing interdisciplinary team environment. You will work under the general supervision of the unit’s director and you will assume responsibility for the direction and the coordination of all functions in the ER Department on your designated shifts. You will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients and to provide direction and supervisions to other staff caring for patients.
Here is some of what you can expect from being an Emergency Room Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Charge RN) with us:
- You will demonstrate skills as a resource person and liaison between the specialty team members, other staff members, surgeons, and vendors.
- You will assist with the overall management of patient care in the ER, supervises all staff, assists with performance evaluations, counseling and coaching of staff, hiring, and day to day operational supervision.
- You will be responsible for ensuring department compliance with state, federal, and healthcare regulatory agencies.
- Your role will work closely connected to the EMS community which allows for more physician interactions with patients for ongoing learning experiences
- You will work alongside physicians and PA’s at our family table to improve learning experiences and improve patient care.
- Your role will assist in our EMS community is of high priority to ensure we have close loop communication providing real time feedback to improve skill and critical thinking
- You will communicate positively and professionally with all internal and external customers and demonstrate appropriate judgement and problem solving skills
- You will work within our team nursing approach to patient care encourages a positive care team atmosphere that places the patient at the center of care.
- Your role preforms delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery
- Our team has a passion for quality and Safety- you will be provided opportunity to improve skills and knowledge to unlock possibilities to further your career
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
- Bachelor Science Nursing or actively pursuing with completion within 3 years of hire required.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado or current RN compact license from another state for the 1st 180 days of employment.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS and TNCC required, ENPC & NRP certification preferred.
- 1 to 2 years acute care/specialty nursing required.
- Previous charge nurse/service coordinator experience preferred
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE SWEDISH TEAM?
- One of only four ERs nationwide to earn the Lantern Award in 2015 which honors Emergency Departments that exemplify exceptional practice and innovative performance
- Resources provided to encourage advanced certifications, including study materials, review courses and pay compensation
- Clinical Nurse Coordinator model allows for collaborative decision making and nurse led initiatives
* Swedish has two Free Standing and also the Main ED Level 1 Trauma Center
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.