Clinical Nurse Coordinator-Cardiac Care
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Hourly Wage Estimate: $33.65 - $50.45 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Position: Clinical Nurse Coordinator Department: Cardiac Care 5 Shift: At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible. The Medical Center of Aurora is Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn two-time Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital in Aurora, CO. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campus in Aurora and Centennial, CO, including the Main Campus, North Campus (Behavioral Health and Wellness Center), Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The main campus is a level II trauma Facility with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Certification accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor.
Highlights about The Medical Center of Aurora:
- Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence.
- Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora).
- Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza).
- Ranked the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Hospital Rankings.
- Level II Trauma Center at our Main Campus.
- Level III NICU at our Main Campus.
- Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016.
- State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on Main Campus.
- Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center.
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation.
- Affiliate of HealthONE, Denver’s largest healthcare system
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the unit’s director or designee the CNC assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
The Medical Center of Aurora expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality. Here is what we can offer you:
• Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
• Certification Bonus and Voucher system
• Dependent Scholarship
• 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed RN in the State of Colorado.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and ACLS required.
Experience: Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is preferred.
Special Qualifications: Continuing demonstration of clinical and leadership competency. Commitment and understanding of staffing matrix/productivity standard. Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives and positive patient experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities: Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice. Displays judgment and superior problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Degrees of Supervision Required: Under supervision of Director, expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Populations and ages of Patients Served: This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to standards. (The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.)
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.