RN CVICU - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Austin, TX. The right RN should have 1-2 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a CVICU Travel Nurse, you will work with a diverse team of caregivers to administer care to patients following specialized procedures including open-heart surgery and heart transplants. Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RNs should have experience and skill caring for patients in a fast-paced, urgent and critical care environment.
As a CVICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide critical care to patients with potentially life-threatening heart conditions.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications.
- Take samples for diagnostic tests; order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests.
- Apply hemodynamic, phlebotomy and IV protocols.
- Be called in for emergencies to provide CPR and operate defibrillators hospital-wide.
- Educate patients and family members on how to manage recovery at home.
CVICU - Active TX or compact license requiredCerts required: ACLS,BLSExperience required: 2 Years