Endoscopy Registered Nurse
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking an Endoscopy Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
At St. David's Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Endoscopy Registered Nurse opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
As an Endoscopy Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for implementing the nursing process, documenting nursing activities and interventions, and administering medication. You will provide leadership and supervise the care, maintenance, and activities of the Endoscopy suites.
* You will complete an age appropriate assessment of the patient upon arrival to the surgical suite
* You will initiate the plan of care by proper preparation of the patient for surgery
* You will provide teaching and emotional support for surgical patients
* You will assure pre-procedure documentation and consent forms are complete
* You will assist with the preparation and care of the patient during anesthesia
* You will continually assess and monitor the patient’s condition throughout endoscopic or pain management procedures
* You will set up equipment needed for procedures, and clean and sterilize all equipment post-procedure
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of experience as an Endoscopy Registered Nurse (RN) or Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN) – preferred
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Completion of or actively pursuing Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy required within 2 months of hire
* Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification –preferred
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Endoscopy Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.