Registered Nurse (RN) ONCOLOGY - Full Time Nights - Tennessee (Relocation Required)
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
To coordinate, implement, and plan nursing care in a timely and accurate manner.
Formal Education / Training:
1. Earned a nursing diploma or degree from a college or university.
2. Licensed by the State of Tennessee.
3. Must obtain BLS within 90 days of hire
4. Current ONS chemo/bio card or obtain within 1 year of hire
Oncology Patient Care Delivery
Equipment and Skills Training:
Standard patient care equipment for services provided. The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently and independently and to be flexible in applying basic nursing knowledge to a variety of settings. Equipment: Network Computer System, Pneumatic Tube System, Omnicell Medication System, AT&T Language Line, Baxter Ambulatory Pump, and Telemetry, OCN certification preferred.
Oncology Unit with adult patient population.
1. Requires the ability to communicate in English orally and in writing.
2. Requires prolonged standing and working for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Constantly required to push/pull objects up to 175 lbs.
4. Requires the ability to lift and turn patients with assistance up to 250 lbs.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment on all patients within the appropriate time of admission utilizing skills of observation, communication and examination; including data obtained from patient, family and other members of the healthcare team.
- Plans the patient’s care on an individual basis, identifying problems/needs, nursing diagnosis, standards of care/practice, interventions consistent with identified problems and attainable outcomes.
- Plans for patient teaching, discharge and post discharge needs as appropriate for patient population.
- Functions independently with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy, procedure and competency based assessment and no pattern or trend of problem.
- Safely administers and documents medications and patient’s response to medications according to established procedures as evidenced by lack of repeated errors or patterns.
- Documents accurately and timely.
- Reassess patient’s condition, evaluate patient response and modify plan of care accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Accepts charge responsibilities and assigns staff with consideration of patient condition and care requirement, acuity and complexity of patient’s condition.
- Maintains healing and therapeutic environment for the patient and family.
- Maintains position specific qualifications.
- Facilitates staff development.
- Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications.