Assistant Nurse Manager - Operating Room - Orthopedics Service Line
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among unit staff and other departments and units regarding issues related to patient care.
- Ensures continuity of patient care information between shifts, coordinates patient admitting, discharges, transfers and other operational issues.
- Reviews major operational patient care issues with Nurse Managers.
- Provides ongoing clinical evaluations of nurses and other direct and indirect patient care providers on assigned unit/area.
- Counsels employees on performance issues, administers initial corrective actions, and collaborates in monitoring attendance issues.
- Alerts nurse manager of significant clinical or other performance issues.
- Participates in interviewing, selecting and appraising the performance of employees.
- Monitors the adherence to EEO/AAP goals and guidelines.
- Administers Nursing Institute, departmental and CC policies and procedures.
- Supervises and participates in the daily delivery of patient care on assigned unit/area.
- Prepares schedule of work assignment assuring adequate coverage on all shifts.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects, outcomes studies and research initiatives; participates in department and committees as assigned.
- Assists in orienting new personnel, continuing education and in-service educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Strong demonstrated clinic knowledge and skill; good oral, written and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and organization skills.
- Critical Care Course for the acute care setting.
- Periop 101 or validated OJT for the Operating room setting.
- Strong demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills; good oral, written and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and organization skills.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- Proof of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must be presented upon hire.
- CCRN certification preferred.
- CNOR certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum two year recent clinical nurse experience required.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The Assistant Nurse Manager for the Orthopedic Service Line in the Operating Room at Cleveland Clinic Weston manages the administrative and clinical aspects of the Orthopedics specialty, which includes organizing, developing, directing and assuring the delivery of quality, patient-centered, cost-effective patient care. The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) provides education to staff based on their clinical and theoretical expertise and will partner with the Nursing Leadership team, OR caregivers, and surgeons to assess for and implement process improvements as needed. The role also manages staffing to ensure proper clinical resources and the continuity of patient care. This 10-hour day shift position, 0645 – 1715, is an opportunity to expand your nursing career into a leadership role, while making a positive difference in the lives of our patients and our caregivers. Operating Room RN experience is required.