Beaumont is now offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus to regular full-time RN new hires! Apply today to speak with a Recruiter to learn more.
Ability to work effectively in a fast pace environment with strong multi-tasking skills essential. Responsibilities in Endoscopy are patient care pre-procedure, and recovery, and technical skills for assisting physicians with procedures. Scheduled hours include both 10 and 8-hour shifts Monday-S Endoscopy experience preferred.aturday. On-call rotation.GENERAL SUMMARY: The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of patient/family/significant other.
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for each patient/family.
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally responsible).
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related needs.
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family; documents education and learning appropriately in health record.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice. Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and committees.
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural traditions and lore of community served.
• Treats individuals with dignity and respect
• Shares complete and unbiased information with patients and their families
• Encourages and supports patient and family participation in their care
• Partners and collaborates with patients, families, and team members to ensure an excellent and positive patient experience
• Brings best self to work each day
• Is highly engaged
• Reflects a team oriented approach
• Strives for excellence
• Treats patients, families, and co-workers with compassionate, extraordinary care every day
• Encourage employees to report safety and quality concerns and encourage their participation in redesigning systems and processes to minimize the risks of errors from happening.
• Just Culture is about creating an environment where employees are encouraged to do the right thing, including reporting safety and quality concerns, so that we do not compromise our values in pursuit of our mission.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty. Work Experience: As required by job posting Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in State of Michigan Other Qualifications: Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification and other certifications as required by department.
• Critical Care: ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer
• Emergency Care: ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer, TNCC and ENPC within 12 and 15 months of hire/transfer respectively.
• NICU NRP within 6 months of hire/transfer
• Pediatrics: PALS within 12 months of hire/transfer
• Family Birth Center: NRP within 6 months of hire/transfer
• Family Birth Center: EFM within 1 year of hire/transfer
• Mother Baby Care: NRP within 6 months of hire/transfer
• Pre-Op and PACU requires ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
• Endoscopy: ACLS required
• Radiology: ACLS within 6 months of hire