RN, Registered Nurse - Med/ Surg G Transplant Oncology
Our Inpatient Oncology department is the only acute inpatient oncology unit in the region. The Oncology unit provides passionate care for those who have new or existing cancer diagnosis. Chemotherapy/hematology or treatment for symptoms related to recently having chemotherapy are treated as indicated. Care for patients who may have a secondary diagnosis related to having cancer are also treated within our 21 private bed specialty unit. Our wonderful team is passionate about taking care of our oncology population. It is our focus at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa - Medical Center to create an environment that can manage serious situations/conditions with the sensitivity needed to enhance and invoke physical and emotional healing that is reflective of our Mission.
**This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.**
Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. Provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- Chemotherapy certification required.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.