Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Glenwood Springs, Colorado - $120k - $130k yearly
Role: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Facility Name: Mountain Family Health Centers - Glenwood Springs
Facility Address: 1905 Blake Avenue, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Salary: $120,000.00 to $130,000.00 yearly
- Sign On Bonus: $10,000.00
- Relocation Bonus: $5,000.00
Shift Information: 40 hours a week; (4) 10 hour shifts
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
To provide psychiatric health care services and psychiatric consultation to our patient population.
1. Provides psychiatric and therapeutic services to patients, including performing history and prescribing therapy; managing acute, chronic, and preventive psychiatric care; and referring for hospital and specialty services.
2. Makes competent psychological diagnosis and treatment decisions with appropriate consultation with other clinic staff.
3. Provides or supervises patient information and education related to psychotropic medications and mental health illnesses.
4. Perform patient histories and physicals, risk factor assessments, ordering of therapeutic and diagnostic tests and attend to consultations and appointments.
5. Prescribe psychotropic medications following MFHC policies, formulary and relevant regulations of the State
6. Assists in establishing guidelines for management of patients in collaboration with provider and nursing staff.
7. Takes part in an interdisciplinary team that provides primary care and behavioral health care to patients.
8. Provides input to the Health Care Plan, clinic improvement activities and the site team.
9. Works with the management team to improve clinic productivity and to enhance the cost-effectiveness of health services.
10. Assists in the Quality Improvement program and development and implement quality guidelines and peer review.
11. Attends clinical and organizational meetings including clinic staff meetings, site team meetings, provider meetings, and All-Staff meetings. Attends additional meetings as assigned by the Medical Director, including but not limited to: P&T, Quality, Collaborative and JCAHO committees.
12. Assists other staff to comply with any special conditions of grant awards, rules, regulations or laws.
13. Assists in establishing guidelines for management of patients
14. Assists with in-service training programs.
15. Adheres to the infection control policies and procedures.
16. Embraces the mission, vision and values of the Board of Directors of Mountain Family Health Centers
17. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
Miscellaneous Duties as Assigned
Perform such other duties or projects as determined by this positions supervisor.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
A. Education or Formal Training & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Certification by the American Nurses’ Association as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Current Colorado medical license required.
- Minimum Three (3) years in a Psychiatric practice setting preferred.
- ACLS Certification preferred; BLS required.
B. Knowledge, Skill & Ability: (include materials and equipment directly used):
- Working knowledge of equipment typically used at the Health Centers.
- Ability to work independently in professional manner.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, staff team members, insurance entities and others.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
C. Physical Requirements and Workplace Environment:
- Employment contingent on being free of active tuberculosis. This position requires yearly tuberculosis testing.
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 35 pounds.
- Essential to have ability to hear routine conversations.
- Requires movement from room to room.
- Requires periods of standing and walking while seeing patients.
- Requires sufficient near vision to be able to read documents and computer screen.
- Essential to have ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, twist and reach.
- Essential to have ability to comprehend both oral and written communications.