RN, Coordinator, Dialysis Services
Makes patient rounds, evaluates nursing/ dialysis unit activities, sets patient care priorities and recommends operational changes to enhance services of the unit.
- Assists the dialysis contractor team to supervises nursing/patient care staff, including orienting, training, counseling, and evaluating
- Interprets and communicates hospital and division nursing philosophy, policies, procedures, and established standards of care and practice with dialysis contractor team.
- Assists dialysis contractor team in the development of department goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Maintains adequate supplies, equipment, etc. for operations of unit. Makes appropriate recommendations to dialysis contractor team to control the operational budget.
- Participates/assists dialysis contractor team in the unit Quality Improvement activities.
- Coordinates/assists dialysis contractor team with patient flow in the treatment room. Serves as a communication liaison between dialysis contractor team, patients, families, staff, and physicians, and reports critical consequences of actions taken to the Director.
- Complies with hospital and professional license, certification, in service, and training requirements, and committee and conference participation as appropriate for position. Maintains familiarity with nursing care issues relating to dialysis treatments, medical problems, surgical procedures, and diagnostic studies, and technical training in the use of equipment pertinent to area.
- Practices/assists with dialysis contractor team the proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Immediately reports any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, unsafe conditions, or employee/visitor/patient injury accident to Manger or Director.Position Requirements
REQUIRED 1. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and licensed in the state of Georgia. 2. Demonstrated proficiency in skills applicable to designated area within probationary period. 3. Four (4) years of experience in nursing, with minimum of two (2) years in area of specialty. 4. Demonstrated ability to set priorities, coordinates diversified and multiple activities, and make appropriate clinical and managerial decisions. Must possess advanced problem solving skills. 5. Successful completion of a management course prior to appointment, or within six (6) months of employment. 6. Certified in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR). PREFERRED: 1. B.S.N. Degree
License/Certification Requirements: Yes
Work Hours: 8a-4:30p
Weekend Requirements: No
On-Call Requirements: No