Outpatient Primary Care Internal Float Physician Hillsborough County
The full-time Float Primary Care Physician provides coverage throughout clinics in Hillsborough & Manatee Counties. Advantages of being a Float Physician include:
Working at different clinics brings variety to daily work. Especially suited for those who feel going to same clinic every day becomes monotonous.
Higher proportion of acute care patients than continuity patients. Especially suited for clinicians who like urgent care medicine.
All effort is made to schedule at clinics closer to home.
Reduced patient volume to account for unfamiliarity with patients.
Adjustment of start/end times (start late, end early) for longer commutes.
No weekends/holidays. No after-hour calls.
Greater flexibility for PTO’s – schedule is decided approximately one month in advance.
Great learning opportunity due to exposure to different clinics and clinicians.
Great way to explore the area and different practices before deciding about long-term plan.
Knowledge of strengths/weaknesses of different centers provides a good platform to work on clinical initiatives
Opportunity to network across a wide area of the organization is useful for rising up the management chain.
Opportunity to move internally into a permanent clinic location.
- The PCP is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Provides diagnosis, treatment, therapy and management of patients according to current standards of care
- Utilizes managed care processes for cost-effective and efficient use of lab, radiology and extended service providers, including specialists, hospitals, skilled nursing providers, and other ancillary services
- Completes timely and comprehensive medical documentation in EMR systems according to company standards
- Participates with peers, employed specialists, such as dermatology, podiatry, and wound care for the comprehensive care of the Optum patient
- Conducts or directs education effective communications to patients, families, and other health care providers
- Conducts educational activities for organization’s physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and their ancillary staff for the purposes of education and patient care
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Current, unrestricted Florida Medical License
- Valid DEA
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.Job Keywords: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, Primary, care, physician, PCP, doctor, MD, DEA, osteopathy, Florida, FL