$5,000 Sign On Bonus!*
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As senior care specialists, we understand the needs of our patients. Primary Care Plus doctors, nurses and staff know how to treat the health challenges that arise with aging. Because we focus on seniors, our doctors see about half of the patients of a typical primary care doctor. This allows more time at every appointment to get to know the patient, to understand individual health goals and to provide effective and highly personalized health care at every opportunity. Primary Care Plus is dedicated to patient health through continuity of care. As a new member of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, Primary Care Plus is expanding its impact and sense of contribution.
As part of the patient centered medical home team, the RN Care Manager engages in a collaborative process which assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates options and services to meet a patient’s health needs. The RN Care Manager will facilitate the coordination of care resulting in more efficient utilization of health care resources, decreased hospital readmissions and improved health outcomes.
Providing self-management support to patients in order to improve their health outcomes
Leads daily / weekly / monthly discussions where patients’ goals, outcomes, interventions, and recommendations for improvement are discussed with members of the patient’s care team
Visit members in their homes or hospitals settings as needed
- Works with facility and health plan representatives to coordinate the discharge planning process and transition needs based on patient’s diagnoses and status
- Collaboration with the clinic team to proactively manage high risk patients by ensuring appropriate:
- Frequency of PCP visits, Specialist referrals, Testing / screenings
- Medication Management to include medication reconciliation post discharge and medication adherence
- Chronic disease education
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current RN license in the state of LA
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting
- Experience in Case Management, Disease Management, Chronic Care Improvement, and/or Quality Improvement
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records and documentation systems; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
- Bachelor’s in Nursing
- Experienced in a managed care setting
- Experience working with the geriatric population
- Home health experience
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.