RN CVOR - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Cardiovascular Operating Room RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Columbia, SC. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a CVOR RN, you'll be responsible for providing professional CVOR care services to support a team of physicians, RNs and other medical staff. Our CVOR Travel Nurses demonstrate advanced clinical expertise in circulating and scrubbing for a variety of cardiothoracic surgical procedures and other complex surgeries.
As a CVOR Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Assess, plan and evaluate the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Participate in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Administer prescribed medications, apply dressings, monitor vital signs.
- Assist physician during procedures.
- Maintain aseptic techniques and actively monitor situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinate the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensure the proper handling of specimens.
SC or compact- Large facility experience ( 300 plus beds) At least level 2 trauma experience required- BLS Required. Call requirements will be discussed during interview.