RN Clinical Educator - Family Centered Maternity Care
The Educator/Quality Coordinator of Women’s & Children’s Services has the responsibility and accountability for the clinical quality outcomes for patients/families, education, and resource management. They will take an integral role in planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing evidence-based education to the associates. The person in this position must have schedule flexibility and promote harmony and teamwork. He/She will have consistent competent clinical skills and will at times provide direct clinical bedside care in the Women’s & Children’s setting. They will have knowledge of and work within the Women’s & Children’s Scope of Practice.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation fulfilling the Mission of the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital as well as understanding developmental, cultural, gender, and geographical variances. It is expected that this associate demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Core Values and supports the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini strategic plan/goals and direction to excellence.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with individuals of various education levels including physicians. Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- English required, bilingual (English/Spanish; English/French) preferred
- Nonsmokers preferred; or ability to work extended shifts without smoking including during lunches and breaks
· One-year recent experience preferred for Pediatrics and or NICU
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in Maternal Child Nursing.
· Experience as Women’s & Children’s Advanced Charge/ Charge Nurse is preferred
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
- Current Louisiana RN License
- NRP Certification within 6 months of employment
- PALS within 6 months of employment
- Newborn Assessment within one year of employment