- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment.
- Monitors and maintains progress of patients and reports progress to supervising physician.
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with hospice employees and volunteers as part of an IDT.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of (2) years experience in hospice, home health or community health in the past five (5) years.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to assist in lifting and transferring patients as required.
- Lift objects in excess of 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be required to stand or walk in excess of one hour per day, talk, hear, sit, stoop, kneel and crouch as needed.
- Requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- State licensure is also required.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
VITAS® Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the resources and expertise to support your personal and professional growth. As a member of the VITAS team, you’ll find fulfillment working for a people-focused organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. You will be more than just an employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your field, and as a valued team member whose efforts are respected and vital to our hospice mission.
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism, collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard—find your purpose at VITAS today.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS