Value Analysis Clinical Specialist
Participates in the CNHS Value Analysis program and implements hospital-wide strategy/direction to reduce expenses and increase clinical outcomes and quality. Assists in the selection, evaluation, monitoring, analysis and implementation of cost-effective products, services and processes. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with clinical staff, Value Analysis committes and Supply Chain. Provides clinical and strategic expertise to facilitate expense management and improved clinical outcomes using a research/evidence-based analysis process. Collaborates with group purchasing organizations (GPO), vendors, internal customers and process partners. Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 years Nursing experience. (Required)
Displays strong ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team. Consults with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers to resolve health concerns and align with Supply Chain objectives. Demonstrate skills and abilities consistent with family-centered care and evidenced based practice. Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Basic to moderate proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis and business case development.
Displays a working knowledge of Supply Chain. Lean, Six Sigma or Process Improvement Certification. Proven project management skills with small to medium sized projects (3-10 people).
Value Analysis Program
- Assist and participate on Value Analysis Teams (VAT) . Applies multidisciplinary principles by recruiting relevant clinical specialty representatives to serve as stakeholders and decision makers.
- Develops and leads new ad hoc Value Analysis Teams.
- Educates on the value analysis process, including but not limited to: product/service/process evaluation, cost analysis, utilization/consumption, and standardization.
- Under the direction of the Value Analysis Manager, leads projects to include introduction of new products, product conversions, product substitutions, appropriate use of products and reduction of variance across all departments of the organization.
- Communicates changes across all VATs, departments, specialties and Supply Chain departments.
- Manages new product request form process.
Analysis and Clinical Evaluation
- Conducts and interprets cost and savings analyses.
- Tracks relevant metrics and savings achieved on the Value Analysis dashboards.
- Tracks and reports clinical outcomes impacted by Value Analysis initiatives.
- Develops and facilitates product evaluations and validations in clinical areas by working closely with end-users.
- Reviews and remains updated in clinical and operational evidence based literature.
Supply Chain Operations
- Collaborates with distribution and clinical teams to identify any backorder substitute products.
- Ensures safe introduction of new products or product conversions in the organization.
- Manages and responds to product recall management database.
- Participates with Contracting in regular business reviews with key suppliers and internal customers.
- Participates in reviewing requests for non-standard product purchases.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Supply Chain contracts.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance