Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members; and utilizes evidence based practice. Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods; establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support in accordance with our mission statement. Exemplifies the INURSE values through integrity, nursing excellence, unity, respect, scholar, and evidence based practice. Contributes to the operation of the department by maintaining equipment; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques; maintains nursing supplies inventory by anticipating needed supplies and using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.Responsibilities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of medical equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to administer medications per policy and procedure.
- Ability to follow the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Ability to interpret lab and diagnostic results as it relates to patients status.
- Ability to communicate with all disciplines using SBAR.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates courteous, kind and a caring, compassionate, positive attitude and support to the organization.
- Clinical skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance.
- ED/ICU Requirement: ACLS MED SURG AREAS Requirement: BLS College Diploma Nursing Required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & LICENSURE
- Bachelors Nursing Preferred
- College Diploma Nursing Required
- 3 Years Experience in Med Surg/Critical Care Required
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.