RN - Emergency Department Case Manager
The RN will conduct a comprehensive patient/family assessment and admission review to the ED to ensure appropriateness of the setting and timely implementation of the plan of care. The nurse will work with the hospital teams to determine a plan of care and assist in implementing the plan for positive patient outcomes.
Flexible Evening Shift Schedules Available:
- 5 - 8 hour shifts, 1:30pm -10pm or 3pm - 11:30pm
- 4 - 10 hour shifts, 1pm - 11:30pm
- 3 - 12 hour shifts, 11am - 11:30pm
- Meet with patients and families, talking over the plan of care with the medical care team, and the use of the nursing process to assist patients and families through the emergency room experience.
- Provides early identification of high-risk patients and their needs.
- Provides identification of patients for whom standard of care treatments could be safely rendered at home.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, primary nurses, care team leaders, staff nurses, social workers, other care giving disciplines and patients/families to develop, implement, and evaluate a plan of care for the patient.
- Demonstrates ability for complex clinical decision-making.
- Collaborates with medical staff to recommend and arrange post-acute care including outpatient care, home health or other community agencies as indicated.
- Advocates for patients and families within the health care system.
- Provide early identification of high-risk patients and their needs.
- Critically evaluates and analyzes physical and psychosocial assessment data.
- Demonstrates ability for complex clinical decision making.
- Leads, coordinates and facilitates patient progression throughout the continuum