Registered Nurse RN - Home Health
*New Sign-On Bonuses*
Full-Time - $4,000
Otterbein Home Health provides Home Health services for the elderly, complimenting already strong independent senior services, outpatient capabilities and clinical facilities at Otterbein. This wide array of services establishes one of the most extensive portfolios of independent senior care capabilities in the state.
Otterbein Home Health is a Medicare-certified home health agency with an established reputation for high-quality services. Otterbein Home Health services are an integral part of Otterbein Retirement Living Communities services portfolio and available to Otterbein Lebanon residents, in addition to residents in the surrounding area.
Providing a high level of personalized care, Home Health by Otterbein is guided by Otterbein’s nearly century-old tradition of faith-based ministry, clinical skills and strong community ties.
Apply from your phone! Text OTTER to 89743
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we supply PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to keep you and our residents safe. Additionally, we have implemented stronger infection control and testing procedures in all Otterbein locations.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs; Provides a complete physical assessment and history
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis
- Establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions; Includes the patient and the family in the planning process
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures; Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided
- Review LPN visit records and physician orders and co-sign
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. Graduate of approved nursing program
- Licensure/Certification: Valid Ohio Registered Nurse (RN) license, possesses and maintains current CPR certification
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year clinical nursing experience, experience in Home Health or Community Health /Hospice preferred
Apply today and begin a meaningful career as an Registered Nurse (RN) - at Otterbein!