LPN/GI Tech - Digestive Health
Under the supervision of a RN, the LPN plans, implements, directs and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients in the Digestive Health Center. Assists physicians with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Recognizes normal and abnormal findings when gathering pt. data and notifies other team members when appropriate
- Accurately measures and records vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, B/P) and heights/weights.
- Administers medications accurately within scope of practice.
- Assists in the cleaning and sterilization of instruments.
- Assists providers with procedures and treatments.
- Cleans and stocks exam and procedure rooms.
- Completes documentation per regulatory requirements and/or department policy.
- Demonstrates comprehension of and compliance with all regulatory regulations.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provide direct nursing care to patients under the supervision of a registered nurse, midlevel provider or physician. Nursing care is guided by the provider orders and the nursing plan of care within the LPN scope of practice.
- Reports patient response to care to registered nurse or other provider for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
- Assists the physician with equipment needed to perform procedure.
- Assists the physician in collecting specimens.
- Prepares the procedure room with appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Reprocesses endoscopes.
- Assists the RN. Provides care to patients that is within their scope as directed by the RN.
- Collaborates with the RN by contributing to the planning, implementation and evaluation of the patient’s plan of care