RN - House Administrator
The House Administrator (HA) coordinates the functions and activities of all hospital departments as a continuous operation 24 hours a day. The HA has the authority/accountability as the administrative representative/resource to provide direction, system expertise, decisions, resources, and leadership to ensure uninterrupted hospital operations.
- Allocates and redirects staffing resources to ensure cost-effective, high quality, safe patient care.
- Coordinates operations between hospital departments to ensure effective patient throughput.
- Serves as resource to all departments regarding hospital policies, procedures, and hospital systems.
- Functions as leader/mentor/advisor for nursing staff.
- Rounds on nursing units, ED, and other procedural areas throughout the facility. Evaluates patient care activity to assure continuous quality and compliance with established guidelines, standards and policies and procedures and intervenes as appropriate. Reports any deficiencies or liabilities to appropriate manager.
- Collaborates with nursing staff to meet hospital-wide quality initiatives.
- Communicates with appropriate Hospital Administration/Nursing Leadership any significant issues/concerns throughout the facility.
- Activates and directs emergency management during internal/external emergencies.
- Facilitates customer relations with patients, families, news media and public, and presents a positive image when interacting with customers.
- Responds to all Trauma Reds, Code Speeds, Code Strokes and Code 99 situations.
- Collaborates with security to ensure safety of staff, patients and visitors.
- Coordinates the organizational response during times of high census, including activating and leading Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) meetings.
- Oversees all patient deaths throughout the facility.