RN Per Diem - North Pool
- Assess health status by completing a nursing assessment.
- Performs telephone triage.
- Notifies physician/LIP of abnormal findings.
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team.
- Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and effective transitions of care.
- Assists with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Assist with specialized patient care equipment as required by the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by physician/LIP and monitors patients for response.
- Initiates CPR and other emergency measures. Covers other nursing roles within the department
- Provides health education to patients and families. Develops, evaluates, adapts, and documents education to learning needs. Assists in preparation of the department specific education for patients and colleagues.
- Facilitates smooth operation of the ambulatory areas.
- Participates in quality initiatives, process improvements, and research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient experience, and patient safety.
- Maintains professional growth and development in the nursing field and identified annual core competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification within 6 months of hire.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and quality improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum one year recent experience as a Registered Nurse.
- If current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting transferring into a RN role but remaining in the same current ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and/or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience (e.g. Dialysis Tech., Ambulatory CT., in lieu of RN experience, or if current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in a clinical role within the same specialty area as ambulatory area transferring into will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and /or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience(Dialysis Tech. , Ambulatory CT., Inpatient PCNA, inpatient C.T., Inpatient LPN, in lieu of RN experience. Current demonstrated clinical competence.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.