Endoscopy Nurse - South Austin
DescriptionNo weekends...No on-call...No major Holidays!Introduction
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Austin Endoscopy Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as an Endoscopy Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
At Austin Endoscopy Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Endoscopy Nurse - South Austin opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and QualificationsAs a Registered Endoscopy Nurse, you will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to the surgical and GI patients during the intra-operative period. You will plan and delivers safe, effective nursing care until the patient is transferred from his/her care to recovery. You will also perform duties of the circulating or scrub role in caring for all age patients.What you will do in this role:
- You will demonstrate knowledge of surgical and GI procedures and have the ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up
- You will coordinate and oversee the room during a case as the circulator
- You will facilitate effective and efficient transition between procedures
- The Endoscopy Registered Nurse utilizes preference cards and updates them as necessary
- Nursing Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- RN license required or appropriate compact licensure
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS as required by facility
Austin Endoscopy Center South is located in South Austin near St. David’s South
Austin Hospital. The center was established in 2001. Our AAAHC accredited center handles high
volumes of colonoscopies, endoscopic placements, and flexible sigmoidoscopy. The center
serves our patients Monday thru Friday. We offer a patient focused environment placing
emphasis on quality outcomes. Our parent company is HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Endoscopy Nurse - South Austin opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.